- Selections from the edited collection Learning through Digital Media: Experiments in Technology and Pedagogy (2011). http://learningthroughdigitalmedia.net/ (Read around depending on your interests.)
- Kimon Keramidas, “Interactive Development as Pedagogical Process: Digital Media Design in the Classroom as a Method for Recontextualizing the Study of Material Culture” Museums and the Web 2014: Proceedings.
- Nancy Ross, “Teaching Twentieth-Century Art History with Gender and Data Visualizations,” Journal of Interactive Technology and Pedagogy, (Issue 4). http://jitp.commons.gc.cuny.edu/teaching-twentieth-century-art-history-with-gender-and-data-visualizations/
Morning (9am to 12pm)
- Rob DeCaroli discusses integrating DH into an art history graduate program (Rob’s Slides )
- Digital Methods: Digitally-enabled pedagogy for undergraduate and graduate students.
Michele Greet discusses doing a digital project with graduate students, Transatlantic Encounters.
- 12:00: Brown-bag conversation about seeking funding to support digital work
- Hands-on Session 1: Design an in-class exercise and an assignment to include in an art history course
- Hands-on Session 2: Plan a short workshop for colleagues to teach with new skills learned during the Institute.
- Close at 4:00pm. Bus: 4:15pm.
- Art History Teaching Resources: http://arthistoryteachingresources.org/
- Smarthistory (Khan Academy): http://smarthistory.khanacademy.org/teach-with-smarthistory.html
- Art Museum Teaching: http://artmuseumteaching.com/
- Michelle Moravec, “Teaching with Pinterest,” http://historyinthecity.blogspot.com/2014/01/teaching-students-in-pinterest.html
- Journal of Interactive Pedagogy, http://jitp.commons.gc.cuny.edu/
- Project Planning Resources
- Lisa Spiro, “Getting Started in Digital Humanities, Journal of Digital Humanities, vol 1, no. 1 (2011): http://journalofdigitalhumanities.org/1-1/getting-started-in-digital-humanities-by-lisa-spiro/
- Sheila Brennan, Navigating DH for Cultural Heritage Professionals, http://www.lotfortynine.org/2012/08/navigating-dh-for-cultural-heritage-professionals-2012-edition/
Pingback: Reflections on #doingdah14: part 1, research | Celeste Tường Vy Sharpe